Tuesday, July 6, 2021

When Greatness congruent simplicity

As part of official work, I got an opportunity to meet Swasthishri Jagadguru Charukeerthi Swamiji with my Vice Principal Rev. Dr.Augustine George and my colleague Dr. Sridhar. This meeting took me to a new realm of truth about life and living and could create a deep impression in my ordinary life. We three were part of a lengthy spiritual discourse led by Swamiji, and he enlightened us about the Jain philosophy of three bodies in oneself, the one inherited from our previous birth, another one given to us by our parents and nurtured by food and water and the last one that prepares us for salvation through karma. These philosophical thoughts rekindled in me some genetics I’ve studied like ‘nature and nurture phenomenon’, gene regulations through external and intercellular signals. More than what I’ve learned in the past, the discourse offered a new insight, the vision of cosmos ‘microcosm vs. macrocosm’, and taught me the significance of having a holistic sense through philosophical foundations, and also the state of incompetence when you overspecialize.
Thank you, Dr. Sridhar and Rev. Dr. Augustine George for bestowing me this unforgettable experience.

No comments:

When Greatness congruent simplicity

As part of official work, I got an opportunity to meet Swasthishri Jagadguru Charukeerthi Swamiji with my Vice Principal Rev. Dr.Augustine G...